Statement on Stewardship
ADRA Canada believes that resources provided to the agency are a trust requiring stewardship characterized by integrity and diligence, and therefore:
- No portion of the remuneration of any stewardship representatives or consultants will be based on received or committed gifts.
- If, in the opinion of ADRA Canada and its representatives, a gift might significantly affect the donor’s financial position or income or might adversely affect the donor’s relationship with family members, ADRA Canada will advise and encourage the donor to seek independent professional advice.
- ADRA Canada will provide donors with comprehensive and current information regarding our projects through various media.
- Donations designated for the support of a particular activity or purpose will be used solely for such purposes. In cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, ADRA Canada will redirect funds to similar activities.
- ADRA Canada will not accept donations for projects or programs that are not within ADRA Canada’s mission or programming as approved by the Board of Directors.
- ADRA Canada will provide training for representatives to ensure compliance with this statement.